About Finnlemm Sacco
Finnlemm is a Savings and Credit Co-operative Society (SACCO) deriving its members from the employees of Diplomatic Missions, Non-Governmental Organisations and their affiliates. It was formed in May 1982 by local employees of the then Leminikainen Construction Company in conjunction with local employees of the Finnish Embassy.
Our main objective is to promote thrift among members by according them an opportunity to accumulate their savings; therefore creating a source of funds from which loans can be made available to them at a fair and reasonable rate of interest.
WHO WE ARE?
[expand title=”Finnlemm is a Savings and Credit Co-operative Society…”]
Finnlemm is a Savings and Credit Co-operative Society for the employees of Diplomatic Missions, NGOs and their affiliates.
Formed in May 1982 by local employees of the then Leminikainen Construction Company of Finland in conjunction with local employees of the Finnish Embassy.
[expand title=”Our main objectives is to promote the economic interest of the members thereby…”]
Our main objectives is to promote the economic interest of the members thereby increasing their standard of living by encouraging thrift amongst members through mobilization of deposits and savings and granting loans to members.
[expand title=”Monthly contributions are the main source of the Finnlemm–Sacco’s funds.”]
Monthly contributions are the main source of the Finnlemm–Sacco’s funds.
Membership is open to employees of Diplomatic missions in Kenya i.e Embassies,Local and International NGOs and their affiliates.
Values and Principles
[expand title=”At Finnlemm Sacco, Our Core Values consist of the following list: -“]
- Customer focussed – The society shall at all times hold in high esteem its customers and all stakeholders.
- Efficiency & Effectiveness – The society shall endeavour to apply all the available resources to generate the maximum possible output while maximizing on the stakeholders returns.
- Integrity – The society board of directors and staff members shall endeavour to be consistent in their actions and adhere to moral and ethical principles.
- Innovation – In order to remain ahead of the market, the Sacco shall continuously apply better solutions that meet new requirements, in anticipated needs, or existing market needs.
[expand title=”Finnlemm SACCO members are entitled but not limited to:”]
Finnlemm SACCO, like other Co-operatives, is governed under the Co-operative Societies Act CAP (490) of 1997. The members are entitled but not limited to:
- Receive, periodically and regularly, or upon request, and at least once a year, a Statement of Accounts containing the individualized record of his/her credit and debit transactions.
- Attend and participate at General Meetings. Each member shall have one vote irrespective of the member’s total share holding.
- Elect or be elected as a Committee Member of the Society unless otherwise prohibited by any other law or these By-laws.
- Use the Society’s products and services according to the policies and procedures approved by the Committee.
- Submit projects or initiatives to the Committee, for improvement of the Society’s products and services.
- All other rights as prescribed by the Act and the Rules.
[expand title=”In compliance with the Co-operative Societies Act, Finnlemm members are obliged to: -“]
Obligations of a member-In compliance with the Co-operative Societies Act, Finnlemm members are obliged to: –
- Attend meetings and take part in decision-making
- Show good co-operative spirit
- Inform non-members who qualify for admission and encourage them to join the SACCO
- Bring out problems affecting the SACCO and look for solutions
- Participate in SACCO projects both physically and financially
- Attend educational meetings and seminars organized by the SACCO.
- Make use of the services of the SACCO as stated in the objects of the SACCO
- Comply with the Sacco By-laws, the Co-operative Societies Act, Rules and General Meeting Resolutions
- Buy and pay up for shares or make any other payment provided for in the By-laws of the society,
- Meet the debts of the society incase of bankruptcy in accordance with the provisions of the Act and By-laws of the society
Enhance the socio-economic well-being of members through mobilization of resources and efficient provision of competitive financial products and services.
Finnlemm sacco boasts a wide range of tailored products and efficient services unmatched in the SACCO industry.
[expand title=”We are your sacco of choice for the following reasons: -“]
- Timely processing of loans to meet members urgent needs.
- Low attractive interest rates with flexible repayment periods.
- High return on deposits.
- Various convenient modes of payment.
- Sustained growth and profitability.
- ICT compliant
The Executive Board Members
Finnlemm Sacco consists of talented people who helped make Finnlemm Sacco what it is today.